The eye examination is an important part of your healthcare in which the Optometrist can not only calculate your spectacle prescription but also detect all manner of systemic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
Many people now are entitled to a free NHS eye examination. These people include:
- Aged 60 or over
- Under 16
- Students aged 16, 17 or 18
- In receipt of Income support, Jobseekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit or Tax Credits
- If you have a HC2 certificate
- Registered blind/partially sighted
- If you suffer from Diabetes or Glaucoma
- Aged 40 or over with a parent/brother/sister/child who has Glaucoma
- If you have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS voucher scheme
Those people who do not qualify for an NHS sight test can still book an appointment with us. We charge £29 for a private eye examination.