The Eye Health Examination Wales is a Welsh Assembly funded initiative that gives the general public access to more in depth eye assessments.
This is available to the following groups:
- Any patient presenting with acute symptoms requiring attention, for example red eyes, loss of vision, headaches, plus others.
- Uniocular patients i.e. patients who would be significantly handicapped if they lost vision in their better eye.
- Patients who are profoundly deaf.
- Patients with retinitis pigmentosa, or siblings of patients with inherited eye disease.
- Patients of Black African, Black Caribbean, Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi origin.
- Patients who are registered blind or partially-sighted.
- The patient can self-refer or may be referred by their general practitioner or other health professional.
We will endeavour to see you for your emergency eye care within 24 hours or offer you alternatives. Please call us for more information.